UPDATE ON THE COVID-19 IMPACT 3-16-2020
Dear Church Family,
I just wanted to share a quick update and also drop this message to assure you that I am thinking and praying for you! Let's remain calm, hopeful and trust in our heavenly Father. God is able to get us through this crisis and He is still on the throne.
Here are a few other new items:
- Our great volunteers at God's Pantry served many families today "on the curb," in front of our food pantry. I want to thank our wonderful and sacrificial team--it was an inspiration for me to witness love in action today in so many ways.
- Kindly assist us in reaching our elderly and other vulnerable. PLEASE pick up the phone and make a call to check on these special members of our church family. Avoid ALL physical contact as much as possible, but let's use all other means at our disposal to connect with others in our church family. Let's also follow the latest directives from the White House (WhiteHouse.gov) that emphasizes hygiene and "social distancing" especially for the next 15 days.
- We are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our volunteers and staff at church. At this time we have closed the church office for the week. Most of our staff are working from home. Kindly return your tithes and offerings online or mail it in the form of a check to our church address. Please DO NOT drop it off at the church office at this time.
- Several of our small groups and SS classes are creatively looking at ways to "meet" online. Let us know how your group is planning to meet on the internet, which platform you plan to use, and how others can connect with your group. We will share this in the newsletter later this week. I deeply appreciate all these efforts to keep us connected in the midst of this national emergency.
- Please do not hesitate to call, text or email me if I can be of service to you. Know that you and your family are on my mind and in my prayers.
"Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways." - Psalm 91:9-11
Stay safe and be at peace--our God is able!
In His service and grace,